Wednesday 10 April 2013

'SHEEPSHAPE' for the Weald & Downland Open Air Museum

Over the past few months I have been working on an exciting project with the Weald & Downland Open Air Museum in Chichester, West Sussex. I was commissioned to create a piece of crocheted art work inspired by the beautiful South Downs including the animals and buildings that inhabit it.

The project which I named 'Sheepshape' is a large crocheted landscape of The South Downs in the shape of a Southdown sheep. I will post more details on this in the next few weeks as it will be available for public viewing. In the meantime here is SheepShape. He is the largest piece of crocheted artwork I have created to date and measures a whopping 44" wide x 32" height.

If you would like to find out more about the Weald & Downland Open Air Museum go to www.wealddown.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment